Northwest Indiana Community Action invites you to see if you are eligible to participate in the Energy Assistance Application Event.
The dates of the events this month include the following Tuesdays: November 11, 15, 22, and 29 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The events will take place at the Urban League of NWI (3101 Broadway, Gary, IN 46409).
You may be eligible for both energy and water assistance if you make less than the income limits below:
# in household and 3-month income limit
- 1 - $6,954
- 2 - $9,096
- 3 - $11,238
- 4 - $13,377
- 5 - $15,519
Please contact your local service provider for income eligibility if you have more than 5 people living in your household.
All services are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, disability, national origin, or status as a veteran.
Required documents include the following:
- Current Proof of Income (last 3 months)
- Social Security Income
- Supplemental Security Income
- Social Security Disability
- Veterans Income
- Pension Income
- Employment Pay Stubs (current three months)
- State ID or Driver's License
- Social Security Cards for household
- Veteran & Military Status Verification
- Current Heating & Electric Bill (all pages)
- Current Water/Wastewater Bill (all pages)
- Utilities Included in Rent (current lease)
For more information, call 1-800-826-7871.