During South Shore Line’s (SSL) Teacher Appreciation Week, essay applications will be accepted from educators for a chance to win free field trip transportation for their class.
To thank local educators for their hard work, SSL created Teachers Appreciation Week, where educators are invited to ride the SSL for free from August 7-August 13 on all off-peak weekday and all weekend trains. To ride, educators will need to present a valid school ID.
In addition to free rides, SSL is offering teachers a chance to win free transportation for their class for a field trip.
For a chance to win free field trip transportation, educators are asked to submit an essay focusing on what they did on the day they utilized the free train service. All essays must be submitted by August 21, and the winner will be contacted via email and announced on social media.
Essays must include information about what the educator did on the day of his/her free trip.
Guidelines are as follows:
- All submissions must include the educator’s name, school and grade(s) he/she currently teaches. Please include an email address.
- The essay must include a 1- 3 paragraph(s) description of your trip and what you did for the day. Photos are encouraged and may be shared on SSL social media.
- Email essays to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Teachers Ride Free Essay”
- Only one submission per educator is allowed.
- The field trip must occur during the 2017/2018 school year.
The South Shore Line is a commuter rail line operated by the Northern Indiana Commuter Transportation District (NICTD) between Millennium Station in downtown Chicago and the South Bend International Airport in South Bend, Indiana.