Job Title: Mortgage Loan Processor
Reports To: Assistant Mortgage Manager - Processing
Positions Supervised: None
Department/Number: 6001 – Mortgage Lending
FLSA Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
The Mortgage Loan Processor is responsible for processing and managing his/her own pipeline, coordinating with the borrower, the loan officer, and outside vendors to ensure an excellent borrower experience while maintaining the highest quality standards. This position is full time and may require you to work beyond a 40-hour workweek. Must comply with all Safe Act regulation procedures.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Review new loan application requests to ensure that all required forms and/or documentation have been provided by the borrower
- Evaluate credit worthiness, analyze all areas of the mortgage loan application; including credit, income, assets, collateral, and compliance documents to ensure loan meets company, investor and regulatory guidelines.
- Review loan packages to ensure compliance with investor guidelines and submit them to Underwriting for approval
- Follow up, gather, review and submit loan conditions
- Work closely with Loan Officers, borrowers, title companies and third-party vendors.
- Order appraisals, flood and title insurance as necessary.
- Respond to calls and emails from members sent by loan originators.
- Send denial letters.
- Pick up and distribute mail.
- Meet with members as needed.
- Update pipeline report on a regular basis.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- 1 to 3 years relevant experience preferred
- Knowledge of DU and mortgage origination software and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, good computer skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with large volumes of work
- Maintain current knowledge of changing legislation and regulatory compliance issues as well as real estate terminology and principles
- Knowledge of underwriting guidelines
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect and pride, and ownership
- Positive attitude and team-oriented spirit
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal offers competitive wages including an advancement program, excellent benefits, training and development opportunities, and employee appreciation.
It is the policy of Purdue Federal Credit Union not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual preference, ancestry, student status, veteran status or arrest and conviction records or any other protected class not directly relevant to employment.
For further details or if you are interested in joining one of the “Best Places to Work in Indiana” where Honesty, Integrity, Mutual Respect, and Pride & Ownership are the core values, please complete our online application: https://purduefedcareers.silkroad.com/
Purdue Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran