The Member Consultant is responsible for providing an exceptional in-branch member experience by handling member needs from sales to service, including teller transactions, opening new accounts and credit cards, and performing service and maintenance on accounts (including address and name changes, wire transfers, and electronic services). Utilizing a needs-based approach, the Member Consultant will provide solutions based on member needs and how they like to conduct their banking. Time spent in various aspects of this role will vary from day-to-day depending upon branch traffic and needs. Employees are expected to demonstrate and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including but not limited to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and internal policies and procedures. Must comply with all SAFE Act registration procedures.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position, including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
*Employees are expected to adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this position including but not limited to all policies and procedures pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Establish new banking relationships with members ensuring they are offered products and services through a needs base selling approach that are appropriate given their financial needs.
- Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with credit union members to achieve branch and individual performance goals and provide excellent member service by following Purdue Federal’s service expectations.
- Identify and refer members to Purdue Federal team members who have expertise in products such as loans, mortgages, investment services, and member business services.
- Provide account servicing and maintenance, and assist with problem resolution for clients in accordance with all established procedures and regulations.
- Process transactions accurately, assist with operational activities and responsibilities, and maintain flexibility between performing teller and sales related transactions
- Encourage members to use self-service banking solutions including, ATMs, on-line, and mobile banking to enhance their service experience.
- Help create amicable and productive working relationships with other Purdue Federal team members including support departments.
- Take ownership of personal development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Minimum of 6 months experience financial services industry, retail, and/or sales
- Consideration will be given to those with a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Sales without 6 months of previous experience.
- Competent computer skills
- Customer service experience
- Proven success in a sales environment
- Capable of managing and prioritizing a multitude of tasks
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing in a professional manner when dealing with employees, members, vendors and company contacts
- Ability to follow the core values of honesty, integrity, mutual respect, pride and ownership
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- This position requires manual dexterity, the ability to lift files and open filing cabinets
- This position requires sitting, bending, stooping or standing as necessary
Purdue Federal offers competitive wages including an advancement program, excellent benefits, training and development opportunities, and employee appreciation.
It is the policy of Purdue Federal Credit Union not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, sexual preference, ancestry, student status, veteran status or arrest and conviction records or any other protected class not directly relevant to employment.
For further details or if you are interested in joining one of the “Best Places to Work in Indiana” where Honesty, Integrity, Mutual Respect, and Pride & Ownership are the core values, please complete our online application: https://purduefedcareers.silkroad.com/