The Purdue University Northwest (PNW) Upward Bound Program will host an open house at the Hammond Campus from 6 – 8 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6 in the Student Union & Library Building, room 150D located at 2233 173rd St.
Geared toward high school students in the 9th – 11th grades, Information will be provided to prospective eligible participants about college readiness and how the Upward Bound Program may assist them to become college-ready. Students who submit a completed Upward Bound Program application by Friday, Nov. 15, 2019, will be eligible for program participation by Monday, December 2, 2019. Applications will be available at the Open House.
Upward Bound participants benefit from a variety of services and experiences that make a difference and they include the following:
- Fee waivers for the SAT/ACT
- Fee waivers for college and university admissions applications
- Free SAT/ACT test preparation
- Earn from 6 – 12 credit hours of college credit by the time of high school graduation
- Participate in various conferences, seminars and workshops in and out of state
- Improve grades, meet new friends and interact with students from other schools
- Saturday session instruction in various college preparation courses
- Six-week summer residential program where students live in Purdue University Northwest campus housing
- $30/month participation stipend
PNW Upward Bound Program
The Purdue University Northwest Upward Bound Program is an intensive intervention plan that prepares students for higher education and is one of the oldest and largest programs in the country. Funded by the U.S. Department of Education, we offer students campus-based enrichment courses, such as instruction in literature, composition, mathematics, science, and foreign language during the school year and the summer.
Purdue University Northwest
Purdue University Northwest (PNW) is a student-centered university that values academic excellence, supports growth and celebrates diversity. Located in Northwest Indiana, near Chicago, PNW fosters a vibrant academic community through high quality and engaging undergraduate and graduate education. For more information about PNW, visit www.pnw.edu.