Volunteers are needed to assist Michigan City Area Schools on Friday, August 4th, during the United Way's "Day of Caring." The event is the largest volunteer initiative in Northwest Indiana, aiming to unify communities in order to bring about positive change for non-profit organizations across the region.
There are numerous projects for which individuals and teams can volunteer on the "Day of Caring." Several of these projects will take place at Michigan City Area Schools, including:
- Handing out Chromebooks at Michigan City High School
- Painting doors and fencing the AK Smith career center,
- Painting a "sensory room" for students with special needs at Barker Middle School.
- Installing nets and painting basketball poles at Joy Elementary School
- Painting locker rooms and other areas at Ames Field
- Weeding, mulching, and painting projects at Coolspring Elementary School
- Painting a "sensory room" for students with special needs at Pine Elementary School
Volunteers will be provided with lunch and a complementary t-shirt from United Way. Visit http://educateMC.net/care to learn more and to register.