In light of new developments regarding Covid-19, we are taking every precaution to keep our office environment and staff safe and healthy. As our supporters and fellow community members, it's important to us that we share with you our current plans.
- The Legacy Foundation office will be closed March 16-20.
- Legacy Foundation staff members will be working remotely to continue operations as seamlessly as possible.
- Gift, grants and all work will be processed in a timely manner.
- All in-person gatherings are canceled, postponed or moved to a virtual format for the week ahead.
We encourage our grantees and partners to be creative and flexible in this challenging situation and to notify us if you need to adjust your funded scope of work or event sponsorship. By necessity, many of our non-profit grantee strategies will need to change, and we support you doing so. For example:
- outreach strategies will change
- reducing in-person connections and relying more on digital (texting) and publicity via social media
- large events will be cancelled
- videos will take the place of in-person education
- staff may work from home or need to take paid leave
Grantees will not be penalized for changing plans and prioritizing safety. If you have ideas for what else we can do, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
The situation is evolving rapidly, and we will continue to reevaluate our plans as we learn of new developments. In the meantime, we will make updates regularly through our e-newsletter and on social media.