The volunteers at La Porte Hospital enjoyed a celebratory luncheon at Silver Palace in La Porte on April 10, during National Volunteers Week.
“At La Porte Hospital, volunteers are essential to the delivery of health care, enhancing the patient, family and visitor experience through a commitment to helping those in need,” said Ashley Dickinson, La Porte Hospital’s Chief Executive Officer. She added, “You'll find a volunteer in nearly every department within our walls, sharing their talents, sharing their time and perhaps most importantly, sharing their compassion for the people and the community in which we live.”
Chief Nursing Officer Anetra Jones thanked the 218 volunteers who donated 34,485 hours in 2018 working in 22 different areas of the organization. “Our volunteers are an important part of the care and compassion we show to our patients and visitors.” said Jones. “They give generously of their time and energy to give back to the community and to La Porte Hospital.
In total, sixty volunteers were recognized for reaching service hour milestones:
- 50 Hours: Hillary Hodum, JoHannah Kalita, Sandy McEnterfer
- 100 Hours: Evan Curl, Janet Gourley, Ron Kinsey, Kristen Luce, Jake Martin, David Munoz
- 200 Hours: David Berndt, Gayle Demass, Diane Glassman, Judie Hickey, Joanne Janisch, Jan Pinkerton, Marcia Zeisig
- 300 Hours: Louise Arndt, Sandy Arthur, Georgie Wolff
- 400 Hours: Jeri Dove, Malia Dukes, Bob Winski
- 500 Hours: Lee Bober, Pete Jensen, Ross Lawrence, Tanis Pawson
- 600 Hours: Lucy Krol, Judy Machota, Bev Mai, Sirene Martin, Elaine Niegos, Bev Noel, Darlene Price
- 750 Hours: Faith Duncan, Ruth New, Mary Shores, John Wade, Bill Wiltfong
- 1,000 Hours: Sandy Burkhart, Karen Burns, Carol Smurawski
- 1,200 Hours: Jean Caddy, Cherie Fuller, Glenn Wallace, Jean Burns, Ed Castle, DJ Gapsevic, Nancy Woday
- 1,750 Hours: Judy Brown, Sherry Morehouse
- 2,000 Hours: Karissa Carlson, Marge Gosnell, Mary Grott, Larry Johnson, Carol Koenemann
- 2,500 Hours: Chris Allen, Ann Jesko
- 3,000 Hours: Ginny Johnson
- 3,500 Hours: David Garrison
- 5,500 Hours: Ann McDermott
Aspire was also recognized. This group of students with developmental disabilities volunteers every day, Monday through Friday, and is widely appreciated for their hard work.
Community members interested in volunteering at La Porte Hospital can visit https://www.laportehealth.com/volunteer-opportunities