The La Porte County Symphony Orchestra proudly presents the 14th annual Hoosier Star Competition on Saturday, September 7 at 7:00 p.m. at the Civic Auditorium in La Porte. Ten finalists will be competing for the title of “Hoosier Star” after winning a preliminary round this past March.
Hoosier Star is divided into two categories: youth- 17 and under, and adult- 18 and older.
The current finalists are:
- Jamileh Cornejo - La Porte, IN
- Joseph Giuliani - La Porte, IN
- Rebecca Lane - Portage, IN
- Ella Moon - Crown Point, IN
- Raul Palma - La Porte, IN
- Laura Carns - Hebron, IN
- Billy Cox - Hobart, IN
- Clara Hooton - New Carlisle, IN
- Tim Hester - Wheatfield, IN
- Joseph Stewart - Michigan City, IN
These 10 finalists will compete in their division for the title of the 2019 Hoosier Star. The adult winner receives $1,000, and the youth receives $500. Each finalist will sing a song of their choice with the La Porte County Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Maestro Alastair Willis.
“I am thrilled to be back collaborating with the LCSO and fantastic state-wide talent for this year’s Hoosier Star!” stated Maestro Willis.
The 2019 Hoosier Star competition is made possible with generous support from Horizon Bank, NIPSCO, La Porte Hospital, and V. Michael and Cherri Drayton.
Tickets are available online at www.HOOSIERSTAR.com, or at one of our ticket outlets:
- Roxy Music Shop - 1012 Lincolnway, La Porte
- La Porte Civic Auditorium - 1010 Ridge St., La Porte
- La Porte County Convention & Visitors Bureau/Marquette Mall - 4072 S. Franklin St., Michigan City
- General Admission - $15
- Children 12 and under - $5
Indiana Deli, Ivy Tech, Little’s Chocolates, and a cash bar will all be available at the event. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the concert begins at 7:00 p.m.