Kankakee Valley REMC is seeking skilled applicants to fill an IT Systems Administrator position. This position will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and support of servers, workstations, and other backend IT infrastructure. This position will also serve as the first point of contact for help desk related issues.
- Perform server OS, application, and hardware upgrades as needed.
- Troubleshoot server-side related issues and work with 3rd party vendor technical support when necessary.
- Securely configure and implement server applications and services to meet business needs; includes but not limited to Exchange, file servers, domain controllers, VDI, proprietary applications, etc.
- Utilize patch management software to keep all system operating systems and applications security patches current.
- Implement and maintain technology solutions to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery requirements are met.
- Provide accurate documentation of system and network configurations.
- Configure, maintain, and upgrade backend virtualization hardware and software as needed; this includes network switches, storage area networks and appliances, hypervisors, thinclients, etc.
- Configure and implement network devices; Switches, routers, firewalls, security appliances, web filters, wireless access points.
- Act as first point of contact for help desk related issues.
- Configure, deploy, and support new workstations, laptops, printers, tablets, mobile devices. Assist with mobile device issues and upgrades; manage devices with MDM.
- Ensure security standards are met on all system and network configurations.
- Assist with evaluation of current workflows and technologies; provide recommendations to increase productivity, resolve technical limitations, and improve overall business operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science related area.
- Directly related experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in servers, virtualization, storage, and backend operations.
- CompTIA, Microsoft, or VMware Certifications
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Experience with virtualization and VDI deployments; specifically, VMware vSphere and Horizon View
- Has a strong security mindset; follows security best practices and techniques.
- Must be proficient at working independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess a strong self-motivation and willingness to learn.
- Strong communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Willingness to travel up to two or three times annually.
- Database and VoIP/PBX experience is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in networking; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs, basic routing, etc.
- Holds a valid Indiana driver’s license.
- Kankakee Valley REMC offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Located about 60 miles east of Chicago, Kankakee Valley REMC is a not-for-profit energy cooperative delivering electricity to 18,000 northern Indiana families, farms, schools and businesses. Based in Wanatah, we serve rural areas of Lake, Porter, LaPorte, Marshall, Pulaski, St. Joseph and Starke counties. Our culture is driven by the cooperative philosophy and the understanding that we are owned by those who work and live in our communities. Rather than delivering profits to a boardroom, we are invested in, and committed to, ensuring our communities thrive.
Culture and Benefits:
At Kankakee Valley REMC we have diverse employment opportunities such as information technology, accounting, marketing, general office, engineering and operations. Our company is big enough to provide training and professional development to further your career goals, yet small enough that you can maintain a personal connection with fellow employees. Employees are our most valuable assets, so we put employees first by offering an excellent benefits package, wellness benefits and we throw in some fun activities along the way.