Center for Hospice Care’s DNA is intertwined with the community. We exist because of the vision and collaboration of community members and organizations that helped launch us. That memory is part of what fuels our commitment to improve the quality of living in the community.
It’s part of the reason we collaborate with and support other organizations to serve the community. There are more than 40 local not-for-profits we partner with regularly – along with countless others we support throughout the year. This support ranges from hosting community events, offering the use of our conference spaces, and supporting fundraising events hosted by our partners.
We are humbled that our impact has been recognized throughout the community with several special awards.
2010 Not-For-Profit of the Year Award – Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce
The Business Recognition Council of the Greater Elkhart Chamber of Commerce named Center for Hospice Care as the recipient of its 2010 Non-Profit of the Year Award.
The formal presentation of this award took place during the Chamber’s annual meeting, which drew over 400 attendees.
2011 Business of the Year Award – REAL Services, Inc.
REAL Services honored CHC with the Business of the Year Award at their Age of Excellence Awards Luncheon in 2011. The Age of Excellence Awards celebrate unsung heroes in REAL Services’ six-county service area who give of themselves to care for elderly and low-income individuals.
2014 Economic Impact Award – St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce
CHC was chosen for the Economic Impact Award at the 2014 “Salute to Business.” The award recognizes a company’s strategic vision and its sustainable capital investment in the St. Joseph County economy.
2015 Juxta Crucem Award – Holy Cross College
Holy Cross College honored CHC with the Juxta Crucem Award at their inaugural “Through the Eyes of Faith” gala. The evening featured presentations about Center for Hospice Care’s then-recent trips to Uganda where Holy Cross students and faculty were hosted by CHC’s partner organizations.
- A Rosie Place
- Alcohol & Addictions Recovery Center
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Services
- Association of Fundraising Professionals Michiana Chapter
- Bashor Children’s Home
- Bike the Bend
- Bike to Work Week
- Casie Center
- Community Foundation of Elkhart County
- Community Foundation of Marshall County
- Community Foundation of St. Joseph County
- Community Hospital of Bremen
- Economic Development Corp. of Elkhart County
- Elkhart Chamber of Commerce
- Foundation of St. Joseph Health System
- Goshen Hospital & Healthcare Foundation
- Holy Cross College
- Holy Cross Mission Center
- IU School of Medicine
- Junior League of South Bend
- Kelly Cares Foundation
- National Hospice Foundation
- Oaklawn Foundation
- REAL Services
- River Bend Cancer Services
- Ruthmere Museum
- Ryan’s Place
- South Bend Alumni Association
- South Bend Civic Theatre
- South Bend Heritage
- St. Mary’s College
- St. Pius X Catholic Church
- Studebaker National Museum
- The History Museum
- Unity Foundation of La Porte County
- Vineyard Church
- Wellfield Botanic Gardens