Job Description & Responsibilities
We are currently seeking to fulfill a part-time intern position in our Michigan City office. The hours are extremely flexible, as we're seeking someone to help cover our Front Desk in either the mornings or afternoons.
- Greet and direct customers in person and on the phone
- Responds and directs incoming emails and postal mail
- Clerical and customer services duties
About General Insurance Services
General Insurance Services is a full service independent insurance agency with over 80 years of experience serving Northwest Indiana, Southwest Michigan, and many accounts in the greater Chicago market. Our mission is to “secure the future of the communities we serve” through not only our work, but our community outreach as well. We invest in our team members through training and development to help them reach their career goals and personal aspirations.
- Exceptional customer service skills or prior experience
- Strong communication skills and empathetic listening skills
- Demonstrated timely, consistent job attendance history
- Solid computer, grammar, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail, time management and decision-making skills
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
General Insurance Services was recently named one of the “Best Places to Work in Indiana.” Our office is growing and we are looking to train the right individual to fit right into our company.
If you are motivated to succeed and would like to join our team, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.