GreatNews.Life, publishers of Valpo.Life, Portage.Life, LaPorteCounty.Life, and NWI.Life, is seeking a full-time in-office web developer to join the team at the company's Valparaiso office. This is an entry-level position and involves working in a variety of IT situations. It requires attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple projects at once, and the flexibility to wear many hats as needed. Must have the willingness and ability to learn new things as technology continues to change and improve.
Primary responsibilities/qualifications will include:
- Design, develop and implement new features, enhancements, and content on existing and new WordPress websites.
- Maintain and customize existing WordPress Plugins along with regular updates to website frameworks and databases.
- Maintain and update PHP/MySQL/HTML sites.
- Develop, modify, and debug WordPress implementations.
- Work closely with project management to provide continuity from project inception through to completion
- Produce working prototypes of web and mobile interfaces
- Maintain and modify existing applications including driving improvements in application speed, efficiency, and compatibility
- Assist in the discovery of technical requirements for business applications and tools that integrate with the front-end experience
- Have an active GITHUB portfolio for review.
- Experience with WordPress CMS, Wordpress API, PHP and MySQL
- Web service and API integration
- Experience with using GIT Repositories
- Demonstrated proficiency with HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with front-end workflows and task automation
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and do what it takes to get the job done