Do you know any ladies struggling with blaming, addiction, poor choices?
Worthy Recovery Inc. has been providing the MRT program to female inmates in the La Porte County Jail since Feb 2008.
WE also offer MRT outside of the jail to all FEMALE'S struggling with negative behavior, substance abuse issues and victimization.
The Workbooks are $26. Upon completion of the MRT program the $26 will be refunded. Our contact information is provided below.
Please leave a clear name and phone number when contacting us for more information. All information will be held in confidence.
Wednesdays 5:15 - 6:15 pm La Porte Library
Thursdays 5:00 - 6:00 pm Marquette Mall
Briefly, MRT seeks to move clients from hedonistic (pleasure vs. pain) reasoning levels to levels where concern for social rules and others becomes important. MRT research has shown that as clients complete steps moral reasoning increases in adult and juvenile offenders.
MRT systematically focuses on seven basic treatment issues:
- confrontation of beliefs, attitudes and behaviors
- assessment of current relationships
- reinforcement of positive behavior and habits
- positive identity formation
- enhancement of self-concept
- decrease in hedonism and development of frustration tolerance
- development of higher stages of moral reasoning