CROWN POINT | With the continued spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) and flu season, Franciscan Health Crown Point has enhanced visitor restrictions and screenings at its hospital.
Franciscan Health Crown Point, 1201 S. Main St., began enhanced screening of visitors on Thursday, March 12. Manned stations at three entrances will screen visitors and patients. Visitors who have any of the following conditions will not be allowed to visit:
- The visitor or someone in their household has travelled to China, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Italy or been on a cruise ship or airplane in the last 14 days.
- Have traveled internationally or been in contact with someone with a respiratory illness in the past 14 days
- The visitor or someone in their household has had contact with a person with a confirmed or highly suspect case of COVID-19.
- Reside in a community with a known COVID-19 case
- The visitor is under the age of 18.
- The visitor currently has signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough.
- The visitor has a temperature greater than 100.4.
Flu restrictions, which took effect at all area Franciscan Health hospitals in December, remain in effect. Hospitals include Dyer, Hammond, Michigan City and Munster. Franciscan’s Northern Division does not currently have any positive cases of COVID-19. Patients who are symptomatic or have travelled or had other exposure to COVID-19 are encouraged to call before arriving at any Franciscan Health facility so that staff can take precautions to avoid the spread of infection.
Infection Control teams at Franciscan Health have implemented procedures and have protective barriers and isolation areas to protect staff and others from airborne exposure to COVID-19. Further, our clinicians train year-round to respond to any potential outbreaks of infectious diseases.
As COVID-19 is an evolving situation, Franciscan Health will continue to work with local and state public health agencies should additional measures need to be taken. Patient safety is always paramount in the protection of our patients, visitors and staff. Additional information and links to the latest updates about COVID-19 can be found at franciscanhealth.org/covid-19.