Holladay Properties, an innovative real estate development company with offices located in over 11 states, is seeking a creative Project Designer for their Northwest Indiana office in Portage, Indiana. In addition to having a creative mindset, the candidate should possess strong technical and CAD drafting skills. The Project Designer will work closely with other in-house design team members to provide support to project developers on a variety of project types including, industrial, hospitality, multi-family, medical, and office. Under the direction of the project manager and/or project architect, candidate will create conceptual designs, presentation drawings and/or renderings, and final construction drawings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the design process from beginning schematics through construction
- Prepare presentations drawings & reports for internal and external project communication to investors, municipalities, and coordinating disciplines.
- Attend project team meetings
- Prepare schematic land and site planning drawings with graphic content to convey ideas, methodologies, and approaches for marketing and proposal requests.
- In-house design for Holladay Owned and/or Managed Buildings and Tenant Improvements
- Prepare schematic design, design development, and construction drawings under the supervision of Project Manager/Project Architect
- Coordinate design intent with outside architectural consultants as required on projects.
- Assist in preparing design guidelines, land development standards and narratives, along with other project creative writing.
- Knowledge of architectural design, programming, site planning, building codes, building materials, and construction techniques.
- Keen eye for graphic clarity in presentation drawings and renderings
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with REVIT, AutoCad, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and a strong commitment to team effort through the spirit of collaboration
- Degree in Architectural Design and/or Interior Design
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in design related field is preferred
All interested candidates are encouraged to send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.