The City of La Porte Park and Recreation Department has started the process of preparing a master plan to improve parks and recreation opportunities throughout our city. Public input is being sought to provide the framework and set the priorities for those proposed improvements.
Public input sessions have been scheduled for the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, August 29, 5:30 p.m. at Beechwood Golf Course (Focus: Beechwood Golf Course)
- Wednesday, August 30, 6 p.m. at American Legion Post 83 (Focus: Fox, Lindewald, Rees, Scott and Warsaw parks)
- Tuesday, September 5, 5 p.m. at Civic Auditorium (Focus: Civic Auditorium)
- Wednesday, September 6, 6 p.m. at Cummings Lodge (Focus: Natural resources and land use)
- Tuesday, September 12, 6 p.m. at Civic Auditorium (Focus: Recreation programming)
- Wednesday, September 13, 6 p.m. at Kesling Middle School Cafeteria (Focus: Kesling, Allesee, Clarke, Hastings and Koomler parks)
- Tuesday, September 19, 6 p.m. at Cummings Lodge (Focus: Soldiers, Kiwanis-Teledyne, Larson-Danielson, Rumely and Unity parks)
While each of the sessions has a focus area, general comments about parks and recreation programming will be welcome as well.
Additionally, a meeting of community stakeholders, such as the City Council, Park Board and other community partners will be held Wednesday, September 20, at 5:30 p.m. at Park Office. The public is invited to attend this meeting but there will be no public comment.
All city residents are encouraged to take an on-line survey available at www.cityoflaporte.com/136/Park-Recreation beginning Monday, August 28. The department wants the master plan to reflect the desires and needs of the community, therefore, the citizens’ responses to these questions are very important.
For more information, call the Park Office at 219-326-9600 or e-mail Park Superintendent Mark Schreiber at email@example.com.