Be a child's hero this summer! The La Porte County Family YMCA is now hiring camp counselors. Being a camp counselor is not only fun but also rewarding. Summer camp counselors become better critical thinkers and leaders as they learn about responsibility, productivity, accountability, and conflict resolution. By mentoring young children, counselors develop a sense of giving back.
Gain real-life work experience:
- Leadership skills - learn by supervising campers, engaging in decision-making, behavior management, and life ethics.
- 21st Century skills - communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and contribution.
- Diverse experience - working with campers and staff from a variety of places, cultural perspectives, and backgrounds.
- Professional development - by learning about your job while building strong team relationships.
- Training and certifications - safety management, CPR, and first aid certifications.
For further information, or to schedule a job interview, please contact Sandy Stefanko, School Age Director, at (219) 325-9622 or email@example.com.