April is Child Abuse and Neglect Awareness Month, and it's just around the corner. Dunebrook is planning awareness events and activities throughout the month to draw attention to the important issue of child abuse. MAKE SOME NOISE! Commit to keep the children in our community safe and encourage others to do the same!
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
* March 27 - Annual Awareness Walk Meet at Ames Field, Michigan City by 6:00 pm. Round-trip walk travels south on Franklin Street to Al's Supermarket. Noisemakers provided. Rain, snow or shine.
* April 3 - First Fridays Bring your children to the Uptown Arts District and join them at Dunebrook's booth to create a one-of-a-kind craft they can take home that evening.
* April 15 - 21 - Al's Supermarkets Register Event Donate $1.00 or more while checking out at any Al's locations in Michigan City, La Porte or South Haven and receive a boy or girl cut-out to display at Al's showing your support of child abuse prevention.
* April 18 - "Fun in Michiana" and Sauer's Ford Lincoln Driven to Give Event WEFM 95.9fm returns to Dunebrook. Stop by and chat with Uncle Lou, Dave and our Executive Director Gail. Then, test drive a Lincoln in our first-ever fundraising partnership with Sauer's Ford Lincoln. No sales pressure; just a chance to drive a luxury vehicle and earn money for Dunebrook. Bring your family and friends, because the more you drive, the more money we earn. The festivities begin at 9:00 am at Dunebrook.
* April 24 - Hungry, Inc. Stop by our Valparaiso office for lunch by Hungry, Inc. and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to Dunebrook. We're located just off Calumet Ave. at 502 Wall Street, Ste. 105.
* April 29 - Buffalo Wild Wings Give Back Night Stop in Buffalo Wild Wings in Michigan City between 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm, and a percentage of all meals purchased will be donated to Dunebrook. Dine in or carryout.
YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS IT! Check out www.dunebrook.org, facebook and twitter for updates. Questions? Call Dunebrook at 800/897-0007